Pupils follow a broad & balanced curriculum with its roots in basic literacy and numeracy. With good skills in these areas, pupils will have the best chance of a positive post-16 outcome. Therefore, the core skills found in English and Maths run throughout all subject areas.
High quality teaching will enable pupils to make the best progress, including more rapid progress where gaps in learning are evident. Both qualified teachers and unqualified teachers providing specialist knowledge and experience deliver high quality lessons, supported by a vigorous quality assurance programme ensuring standards are maintained across the academy.
We aim to provide outstanding, inspirational education that will empower pupils to reach their full potential and give them a vision for life and their future.
– A broad and balanced curriculum at Key Stage 3. The KS3 curriculum has many of the characteristics followed in a mainstream environment in order to aid reintegration. However, it also includes unique opportunities for self-development and understanding. This includes a bespoke enrichment programme.
– Small groups, up to 12 pupils with a staff-pupil ratio of 1:4.
– Individualised pathways tailored to the pupil.
– Personalised Literacy and Numeracy programmes for all pupils to improve achievement. Heavy investment and promotion of reading packages, support and strategies.
– An Individual mentoring programme to support the progress of each pupil.
All pupils have the opportunity to study the following subjects:
If parents have any questions or concerns about our curriculum, or simply would like elements of it explaining, please don’t hesitate to contact our Principal, Claire Horne, by emailing: email@example.com
Please sign & RT this petition, it means a lot to me: you.38degrees.org.uk/petition… via @38_degrees
Well done Team Compass. Great community effort today. Very proud of you all xxx pic.twitter.com/c3aCRznWP7
*October Newsletter* “This half term has witnessed the launch of our exciting new enrichment programme…” Find out more: thecompassacademy.co.uk/newsl… pic.twitter.com/NXOYjN3p17
Petition: Reduce the state pension age to 63 for all petition.parliament.uk/petiti… please sign this petition x